Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Monday in Halifax

After I got back to Halifax from Dartmouth, I got my Father's Day gift mailed (it should arrive by Saturday) and did some window shopping. I had an excellent lunch at a Turkish restaurant in downtown Halifax - kebabs, rice, & salad with Turkish tea and baklava. I then did some window shopping before my whirlwind sightseeing caught up with me, and I went back to the B&B for a nap.

Dinner was a donair - a Nova Scotian fast food specialty, which turned out to be a lot like a gyro - meat from a spit (beef not lamb), with chopped tomatoes & onions, in a pita. They serve it with a thick sweet sauce (fortunately, I got it on the side, as I didn't care for it). I got it at a local pizza shop; it was apparently rated the best donair in Halifax by one of the local newspapers this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home