Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

44 New Things #7 - Portland Art Museum

After a great time in the Chinese Garden, I walked to Powell's for some bookshopping (essential for any Powell's trip!) then walked to the Portland Art Museum. Even though I've been in Oregon for 8+ years, this was my first visit to this museum.

There were a lot fewer people at the museum than at the garden (probably due to the nice weather). My favorite exhibit was the Mysterious Spirits, Strange Beasts, Earthly Delights: Early Chinese Art from the Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Collection. Many interesting animals, spirits, guardians and other early Chinese figures.

Outside the museum, they have a Deborah Butterfield horse - one of my mom's favorite sculptors. This one is very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home