Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Friday, February 24, 2006

44 new things #4 - Bowling for Charity

At lunch today I bowled for charity (the annual food drive on campus). I was a last minute sub for one of the library teams. It's been a long time since I've bowled - when I lived in Colorado, I used to bowl with a singles group occasionally.

For someone who hasn't bowled in over a decade, I didn't do too badly. Using a random ball and wearing men's bowling shoes (they were out of women's shoes in my size), I got an 81. That includes 1 strike (and 3 gutterballs). I don't think anyone would challenge a pro bowler - or even a league bowler. I was the 3rd best on my team and probably a little below average overall. I'll need to soak my behind tonight - that muscle doesn't get exercized enough.

One of the sponsors for the team I was on had pledged one item of food for every gutter ball, so even the gutterballs weren't a total loss. Most of the other sponsors were pledging .01 to .10 per pin, with various bonuses. I pledged a bonus if anyone got a turkey (3 strikes in a row), but no team got that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home