Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

44 New Things #6 - Portland Classical Chinese Garden

On Friday I was in Portland for a meeting, so I stayed overnight to enjoy some of Portland's sights.

First, I went to the Portland Classical Chinese Garden, while was built in 2000 but has a timeless feel.

What I particularly liked were the gateways between the gardens. I arrived just as a tour was beginning, and the guide explained the gateways were intended to work as picture frames of the gardens beyond:



(The last photo was hard to take as people kept walking into my "frame").

There were a number of beautiful flowering trees and shrubs and lots of water with a few small goldfish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home