Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Carl Sagan Blog-A-Thon

Today marks the tenth anniversary of Carl Sagan’s death. To recognize the occasion, there is a blogathon in the works. I learned about the blogathon from the Bad Astronomy blog. What a neat idea!

I'm not as eloquent as some of the blogs I've read, but I can talk about my favorite Sagan book: Broca's Brain: Reflections on the Romance of Science. For me, this book really showed his ability to communicate the fascination of science and the real world. As someone who loves reading about science (I majored in science as an undergraduate and ended up a science librarian), I've read a lot of popular science books, and this is one of my favorite books in this genre (I'm also a big fan of Stephen Jay Gould in this genre).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home