Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

TV I'm enjoying on DVD

First up is Mulberry, a British import. I saw a couple of episodes a number of years ago on PBS. It's finally out on DVD so I can enjoy the whole series. It's a little slow to start (it's not until episode 5 that you find out the real reason Mulberry has gone to work for the elderly curmudgeon, Miss Farnaby) but is a charming comedy.

I missed the first season of Numb3rs, the show about two brothers, a math genius and an FBI agent, and am glad to get caught up. The relationship between the two brothers (and their father, played by Judd Hirsch) is great, and the mysteries are interesting.

I don't get Showtime, so I didn't see Penn & Teller: Bullshit! until recently, when I finally got around to watching the DVDs. I like their skeptical look at various scams and frauds. Not for those who don't like a lot of bad language.

I've been enjoying all of these shows with my Netflix membership. I like just getting the DVDs in the mail and having a queue I can reorder at any time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home