Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

44 New Things #2 - Oregon Coast Aquarium

(This one is being posted a little late - I actually did it on November 7th)

My sister & her husband came for a visit for my birthday. On Monday, we went out to Newport. For a November day, it was an incredibly warm and sunny day. I've been in Newport in July when it was colder and windier.



I took them to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It was also my first visit. It's a great place - they had a special exhibit on turtles (the Snake-Necked Turtle was a little freaky-looking), some delightful sea otters (but I couldn't get a good photo of them), and an underwater tunnel where you can watch the fish swim all around you. They also have a nice sea bird enclosure - like these tufted puffins.

After we visited the Aquarium, we hit the Historic Bayfront - there was a group of sea lions hanging around on one of the floating dock that we spent a lot of time watching:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home