Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

True crime

I'm currently reading The Lost Night: A Daughter's Search for the Truth of her Father's Murder by Rachel Howard. I'm finding it interesting, but not nearly as compelling as James Ellroy's My Dark Place, on his investigation into his mother's murder. I'd rate Lost Night as one worth getting from the library, but not a keeper.

One early frustration I had with the book was with Howard's mother - I have a hard time believing that an woman in the 1980s, working as a nurse and making over $80,000 a year, would feel all her options were gone and she had no choice but to stay with a heroin addict, even choosing to marry him after she got pregnant (with Howard's little brother), and then staying with him for years.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nine News Australia launches new blogs.somewhere
Nine News Australia has announced the re-lauch of its site within the NineMSN service with the promise of "weblogs by our reporters from hotspots around Australia and across the world". The only problem is that ...

Interesting blog. Like it! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

Check out my western canada lottery site/blog. Lots of western canada lottery related stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home