Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

I am stuffed

Just got back from dinner - I am so glad I came in a day early so I'd be back in time for this. Several of us went together, taking the streetcar down to the restaurant - it went past a large Calphalon store and through Chinatown to the University of Toronto district.

The restaurant was fabulous - I had roasted asparagus for the appetizer. The other folks at my table had caeser salad, green salad with feta, grilled shrimp, and phyllo wrapped goat cheese with roasted mushrooms.

For my main course, I had the halibut and scallops with risotto and baby bok choy for the main course. others had some nice looking steaks, seafood pasta, lamb shanks, and duck confit.

Dessert was a sampler of great sorbets - raspberry, mocha, vanilla, pistachio, and black cherry, plus shared dessert platters (there were 3 of them for our table of 11) - the options included blueberry blini, chocolate cake, and lemon cheesecake. I sample several of the sorbets, half a blini, and some of the lemon cheesecake. With some good coffee, it was a nice end to the meal.

Had a lot of fun talking at the table - at my end of the table were Cynthia, Alison from Missouri, Molly from Texas, Carol from New York, one Canadian gentleman, and a woman from Alabama.

Tomorrow the conference officially starts - my day begins at 7:30 AM with my division board meeting and ends at 10 PM when the division open house ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home