Laurel & Hardy

Like many other blogs, a mixture of book reviews, links I found interesting, comments on the day's news.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Some of my favorite mysteries

Mysteries are one of my favorite genres. They are comfort reading for me, and I have a number of old favorites I fall back on when I'm not in the mood for something new.

Rest You Merry by Charlotte MacLeod

Dorothy Sayers - all of her mysteries (I'm listening to The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club during my daily walks), but I particularly enjoy Murder Must Advertise and Gaudy Night

Killer Dolphin and Night at the Vulcan by Ngaio Marsh

Unfortunately, Sarah Caudwell only wrote 4 books before her untimely death; The Sirens Sang of Murder is my favorite (there's an orgy scene where the narrator's actions are probably close what to my own would be in that situation)

I'll post some more of my favorites later - mysteries that look back on old crimes are one of my favorite subgenres and deserve their post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home